Company Secretary Course Details
In previous post we have given CS Study Material for CS Foundation, Executive and Professional students and Canara Bank education loan for CS students up to 10 Lac. Today we are providing Company Secretary Course Details or CS Course Details, How many stages in Company Secretary Course, Registration, Fees, Last Date, How to apply, Training details etc. There are 3 stages in Company Secretary Course i;e Foundation, Executive and Professional. So if you want to become CS, you should complete these 3 stages.
“Career as a Company Secretary is not only prestigious and financially rewarding but also carries with it a high level of job satisfaction”.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is a premier National Professional body established by Act of Parliament to develop and regulate the Profession of Company Secretaries. ICSI imparts training in Company Secretaryship by Distance Learning (by correspondence) enabling students to qualify as Company Secretaries. The Institute provides “Course Material” for all the subjects at the time of Registration. There is also provision for Optional Oral Coaching classes.
The Company Secretary is:
An in-house legal expert; a compliance officer of the Company.
An expert in corporate laws, securities laws & capital market and corporate governance
Chief advisor to the board of directors on best practices in corporate governance
Responsible for all regulatory compliances of company
Corporate planner and strategic manager
How to Become CS | Company Secretary Course Details
Stages to become a Company Secretary :
1. The student who would like to join this CS Course after 10+2 has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.
2. In addition, the student has to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months which a student may opt to start after passing the Executive Programme.
3. The Student who would like to join the Course after passing the Graduation (Example : B.com) has to undergo two stages of the Company Secretaryship i.e.
Besides, the student has to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months.
4. Foundation Programme which is of eight months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream.
5. Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.
6. Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course.
7. Training: A Student has to undergo 15 months Management Training in Companies sponsored by the Institute after passing the Executive or Professional Programme or under the guidance of a Company Secretary in Practice.
8. After qualifying Professional Examination and on successful completion of training a candidate is admitted as an Associate Member of the ICSI and can use the letters ACS after his/her name i.e. Associate Company Secretary.